In relationships, it’s common for one partner (usually the woman) to take on the role of the mother. We wash dishes, do laundry, and cook dinner in an effort to serve and attract a partner. In this episode, I’m dissecting how mothering is actually masculine energy, and how it repels your partner and keeps you from the relationship you really want.
In this episode you will hear:
- What masculine (yang) and feminine (yin) energy looks like, specifically in dating, love, and relationships
- The key principles you need to follow to find success in love
- How mothering your partner pushes away really good masculine humans (especially in the initial stages of dating)
- Why learning to receive will completely change your love life
- The resources and books that taught me how to shift my natural masculine energy
- How being feminine will attract masculine partners
Coaching Questions & Thoughts:
- Do you naturally exhibit masculine or feminine energy?
- In what ways does that typically show up in your relationships?
- In both your current and past relationships, in what ways have you mothered your partner? What was the result?
- Can you think of a time where you embodied more feminine energy in a relationship? If so, what was the result?
- What’s one way you can start to exhibit more feminine energy?
- What’s one masculine behavior you can let go of starting today?
Fun Quotes from the Show:
“Masculine is yang energy. It knows it needs to give, protect, and cherish.” – Shereen Thor
“Yin energy is supposed to be more focused on the self.” – Shereen Thor
“Mothering is masculine.” – Shereen Thor
“If you mother a masculine person, you will repel them.” – Shereen Thor
“Masculine and feminine energy is kind of like magnets; you need positive and negative ions to have that connection.” – Shereen Thor
“Be feminine so you can attract the masculine.” – Shereen Thor
Download the free happiness cheat sheet at: www.awakentherebel.com stop keeping up with the Jones’ and learn all the science-based tips I learned from Yale on what actually makes us happy. ❤️